- home >
- General Info >
Want to do the Tulsa State Fair like a Pro? Here are The Top 8 Tips for a Great Time at the Fair.
Sep 26 2017
No one enjoys being stressed out, especially while they are at the Tulsa State Fair. To help avoid having a less than perfect time at this year’s fair, we have compiled a list of tips to help your day go smoothly.
- When is the best time to arrive at the fair?
- The fairgrounds open at either 10am or 11am depending on the day. We suggest that you show up early to beat the crowd and grab some lunch at the fair.
- Where is the best place to park at the fair?
- The most cost-effective way to get to the fair is by using our Fair Transit System. Our FREE Shuttle Service to and from the Fair is available at four satellite locations; Nathan Hale High School, OSU Tulsa, TPS Service Center and Tulsa Promenade Mall. Operation Hours are Monday through Thursday, 5pm – 11pm, Friday, 5pm – midnight, Saturday, 10am – midnight, and Sunday, 10am – 11pm. Tulsa Promenade Mall location will begin at 9am, September 29 – October 8. Additional information available at tulsastatefair.com/fts.
- What bathroom usually has the shortest line?
- The largest, less utilized restrooms are located at Central Park Hall, where Just for Kids Adventure and Competitive Exhibits Entries are located.
- How do I make sure I am not missing anything?
- Use our Plan Your Day feature on our website. Plan Your Day is an interactive feature available online which allows you to visit all the areas of the fair without missing a special performance. Through this feature you select the day you’d like to attend, scroll through and select the shows you’d like to see and then select Plan Day and an agenda with a corresponding map is available to print. For the Plan Your Day feature, please visit tulsastatefair.com/pyd.
- Is buying tickets online worth it?
- Yes, avoid the lines and get inside the fair faster. This also applies for shows. Tickets for Disney On Ice, Red Dirt Rodeo, Oklahoma Stage River Spirit VIP Section and Coupon Books are available online at tulsastatefair.com/tickets.
- How can I save money at the fair?
- Dizzy’s Deal Coupon Book - This book contains approximately 80 coupons and over $550 worth of savings from Tulsa State Fair concessionaires and commercial vendors. Purchase your book for $5 at the nearest Ticket Booth or Howdy Hut at the Tulsa State Fair, see grounds map for locations.
- There are also four different sponsored days at the fair where you can save.
- Ford Family Fest, September 28th, Gate Admission is only $1 with a coupon from your local Ford Dealer. Rides are only $2 each during Midway hours (Does not include Gate Admission or Extreme Rides) Gate Admission without Ford coupon is $5. Promotion starts at 5pm; not valid with other promotions or offers.
- Mazzio’s Ride-A-Thon, Oct. 2, Save $10 on a ride wristband by picking up a coupon at your local Mazzio's (does not include Gate Admission or Extreme Rides). Price without Mazzio's coupon is $40.
- Altech’s Family Gest, Oct. 3rd, Gate Admission is only $5 per person; Children (Under Age 5) are FREE. Seniors (62+) and Military are FREE until 2pm; proper identification required at time of purchase. Not valid with other promotions or offers.
- Arby’s Ride-A-Thon, Oct. 4th, Save $10 on a ride wristband by picking up a coupon at your local Arby's (does not include Gate Admission or Extreme Rides). Price without Arby's coupon is $40.
- What is the best way to feed a large family at the fair?
- Did you know you can purchase an entire pizza from Swain’s Pizza On A Stick? Choose from one of four locations; Independent Midway East, West, South of the Exchange Center or even in the Upper Level of the River Spirit Expo. Or, purchase a Dizzy’s Deals Coupon Book for only $5 and redeem one of three coupons (15B, 29B or 38A) to receive $10.00 off the purchase of (1) Freddie’s State Fair Corndog Family Deal, where you will receive (8) Corndogs and (4) 16 oz. Drinks for only $30.00.
- What are the healthier food options at the fair?
- Check out one of the following locations:
- Broad Concession, Independent Midway East: Shish Ka Bobs
- Kapuccino’s, River Spirit Expo Lower Level: Quesadillas, Tortilla Soup, Fruit and Cheese Cups
- Ledesma Concessions, Independent Midway West: Street Tacos, Burritos, Tortas, Quesadillas, Corn in a Cup
- Pita Place, Independent Midway West: Gyro, Chicken Pita, Hummus, Tabbouleh
We hope that these handy tips will be useful when planning your day at the fair. We cannot wait to see everyone there!View All Items