- home >
- Quick Links >
- Vendor Information >
- Commercial Vendors & Concessionaires >
- Dizzy's Delight Food Competition
Dizzy's Delight Food Competition
The Tulsa State Fair welcomes you to participate in our 5th Annual Concessionaires Food Competition. What will you enter? A tried and true dish or will you use your imagination to develop a unique creation that can only be found at the fair? Will it be served on a stick or in a dish? Deep Fried or chocolate dipped? Rolled, skewered, tossed or baked?
Join the friendly competition against your fellow Tulsa State Fair Concessionaires for your chance to win Prize Money and Category Trophy.
Twist on State Fair Traditional
- 1st Place Twist on State Fair Traditional Dish
- 2nd Place Twist on State Fair Traditional Dish
- 3rd Place Twist on State Fair Traditional Dish
Most Creative or Unique New Food
- 1st Place Most Creative or Unique New Food
- 2nd Place Most Creative or Unique New Food
- 3rd Place Most Creative or Unique New Food
The winner of from these two categories will be judged for the Best Overall Dish Award.
Best Overall Dish
- 1st Place Best Overall Dish
Each concessionaire that is contracted to participate in the 2017 Tulsa State Fair is eligible to enter one (1) food item per category to be judged in its selected class.
- Entry must be on your menu to serve to the fair patron.
- Classes will be limited to twenty-five (25) entries due to competition time constraints.
- Entry forms are only available online.
- Entry forms will be logged in the order received.
WHEN & WHERE
The competition will take place on Monday, October 2, 2017, between the hours of 2pm – 5pm. The competition will be held at the River Spirit Expo Kitchens, located on the west end of the Lower Level. Including any prep or cook time, each concessionaire will be allotted a 6 minute time slot to serve the panel of judges.
The panel that will consist of three (3) judges, you will need to provide a two-bite sample for each judge and one full serving for presentation purposes. Please present your dish in the fashion it will be served to the public.
Scores will be recorded after each sampling and tallied after the judging.
AWARDS & MEDIA
Winners will be notified at their booth where a photograph will be taken of you and the winning dish; all winners will be featured on the website and social media.
First place winners will receive a check in the amount of $200.00, second place winners will receive a check in the amount of $100.00 and third place winners will receive a check in the amount of $50.00. All winners will receive a trophy; prize money and trophies will be delivered during the first weekend.
Best Overall Dish winner will receive a Trophy, ribbon and prize package.
Additional Information will be provided in your acceptance to participate letter.
All submissions must be completed by September 15, 2017
Competition may be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances or at the discretion of the Tulsa State Fair Management. Judges decisions are final and may not be contested.