Pesto Swirl Bread
- 2 ¾ to 3 ¼ Cups Bread Flour
- 1 Envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Non-Fat Dry Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Spice Islands® Parsley Flakes
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Spice Islands® Garlic Powder
- 1 ¼ Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Butter OR Margarine
- 1 Tablespoon + ½ Cup Prepared Pesto Sauce
Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, dry milk, sugar, parsley, salt and garlic powder in a large bowl. Heat water and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Add to flour mixture; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon pesto sauce and mix well. Stir in enough remaining flour with a spoon to make a soft dough.
Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover dough with towel and let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
Roll dough to 15 x 10 inch rectangle. Spread with ½ cup pesto sauce. Beginning at short end of each rectangle, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seams and ends to seal. Place, seam sides down, in greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 60 minutes.
Bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; let cool on wire racks.