- home >
- Competitions >
- Competitive Exhibits >
- Recipes & Tips >
- Gail’s Irish Delight - Butterscotch Cake
Gail’s Irish Delight - Butterscotch Cake
- 2 Cups King Arthur Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Butterscotch Liquor
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Package Butterscotch Instant Pudding Mix
- 2 1/2 Sticks Butter, unsalted, softened
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Caramel Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Irish Cream Liquor
Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease two 8” pans.
Beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs one at a time to butter and sugar mix until smooth.
In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and pudding mix.
In a small bowl, mix water, milk, and butterscotch liquor.
Add flour mix alternating with water mix, starting and ending with the flour mix. Pour into pans. Bake for 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for five minutes on cooling rack.
Beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar slowly. Add salt, caramel extract and Irish cream liquor. Beat until proper consistency.
Yields 2 Cakes.